Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Music for Dance Class

I love using Christmas music in my dance classes this time of year. It helps to keep the mood bright and my dancers love to sing along to their favorite songs. It makes the same ole exercises like plies and tendus feel new and fresh! Here are some of my favorite albums, artists and songs to use in my dance classes.

You can never go wrong with Lisa Harris, and here is her beautiful Christmas album! Listen to the album here.











Once you can get past the super cheesy album cover, you'll see that this album is perfect for ballet class. An oldie but a goodie! Listen to the album here.










I love Harry Connick Jr's Christmas album for allegro, petite allegro, and jazz class. Listen to the album here. Here are some of the best tunes for class:

Ave Maria
Parade of the Wooden Soliders
I Pray on Christmas
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
O Holy Night





Jim Brickman is a beautiful pianist who writes his own arrangements of classic Christmas tunes that are perfect for ballet class. Listen to the album here.









Sarah McLachlan has a beautiful, enchanting Christmas album that makes for excellent contemporary routines and stretching. Listen to the album here. Here are some of my favorites from the album:

Wintersong
Song for a Winter's Night
In a Bleak Mid Winter




Sara Bareilles delivers yet again on this gorgeous album that is also good for contemporary class and routines. Plus, Winter Songs includes other fantastic artists like Fiona Apple, KT Tunstall, Colbie Caillat, and even Katy Perry. Listen to the album here. Here are some of my favorites:

Wintersong (with Ingrid Michaelson)
Silent Night (Priscilla Ahn)

No comments:

Post a Comment