Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Inspiring Words from a Ballet Dancer

"I dance for those rare moments when everything comes together, when my body and mind cease to conflict and when I am absolutely present, when the steps just happen and I inhabit the music, when I don’t have to think because the dance has taken over." - Julie Diana, Pennsylvania Ballet Principal

Ever really thought about why you dance? Maybe reading the passions of another dancer will help to put your own into perspective. Here, Pennsylvania Ballet Principal, Julie Diana, shared with Dance Magazine about why she dances, and it might be just the words you need to read to get through a tough ballet class and keep pushing onwards and forwards! Why I Dance: Julie Diana

Julie Diana, Photographed by Alexander Iziliaev

No comments:

Post a Comment